Monday, April 2, 2007

Florida-Ohio State

In case you didn't realize it, yesterday's post was pretty much a poor April Fool's Joke. Sorry. That was the best I could come up with on short notice.

We've arrived at the championship game for the NCAA Tournament. Florida vs Ohio State. This is the third time we've seen this since early December I believe. The first time we saw Florida beat the hell out of Ohio State with a weakened Greg Oden by nearly 30. Then we had the BCS Title game in which the underdog Florida Gators beat the crap out of Ohio State. So will the third time be the charm for the Buckeyes? I say no...but I think it will be a little closer. Florida has shown no weakness in the tournament thus far. Ohio State has done well even when Greg Oden gets in foul trouble. But I think Florida will be able to make OSU pay when he's on the bench bu just jamming it inside to Horford and Noah. I picked Florida before the season to repeat as champions and although I liked North Carolina and Kansas better in the brackets, it's not the Gators' title to lose. Tonight, I expect them to become the first team to repeat since Duke in 1992. Will Billy Donovan stay around to attempt a third straight title or will he run for the money? Will Noah and the other Gators leave early this time around? Who knows. But we have a championship to win first and I think it will be all Gators. Florida 72 Ohio State 71

Jeb's Tourney Record: 49-14 (If I'm right I'll get my 50th correct. Woo!)

No comments: