Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Good Day For Sports

Lot of good college basketball on today. We have Memphis-Georgetown, Tennessee-Xavier, Texas-Michigan State, Clemson-Mississippi and assorted others. I think Georgetown will upend Memphis. Memphis is my current #1 but it's at Georgetown and Georgetown has the better coach and will probably play better as a team. Memphis is extremely talented but they generally play very raw and try to win with their pure talent. When they play talented teams that are coached well, that generally ends badly. I think Texas will fall from the unbeatens today with a close loss to Michigan State. I say Xavier knocks off Tennessee. I also think Clemson stays perfect in an unusual battle of the unbeatens against Mississippi. I'd like to think Clemson is for real this year. But they did start 17-0 last year and still miss the NCAA Tournament. How is that possible?

And later tonight the 6-8 Carolina Panthers, who are somehow still alive for a playoff berth, will face Dallas. Am I picking an upset? Hell no. Of course if Jessica Simpson shows up and distracts Tony Romo again, you never know. Of course this will all be rendered moot when Minnesota beats Washington tomorrow and knocks Carolina out.

I was talking to my cousin the other day who played for Appalachian State in the mid-90s and he said there will be no Michigan-style win next year. Why? Because nobody will schedule App. Apparently nobody is willing to play them. Haha. Pansies!

Appalachian's basketball team is 4-5 and will lose today to Arkansas. Do you like that confidence?

Mighty William & Mary is 2-6. And have I mentioned they've never made the NCAA Tournament? That's awesome to be a huge basketball fan and your future alma mater never having made it. Although if I had went to Wake Forest, they're only 7-3, which sounds good but ACC play hasn't even started yet. Don't expect a postseason bid.

I'm not jealous that I didn't get into Vanderbilt because I think William & Mary is just as good if not better. However, I am jealous of Vandy's 10-0 basketball team. So unfair.

Kentucky has lost four straight and is 4-5. Tubby Smith's new team Minnesota is 7-1. Good job running him out of town guys. Miss him yet?

And my final prediction is that Ohio State will get their revenge on Florida today! However, it will not matter very much as it is a regular season game and not a national title game. One out of three ain't bad though Buckeyes!

No comments: