Sunday, March 16, 2008

MARCH MADNESS

Just realized I haven't been updating my blog as of late. What happens when you get so busy. But what better time then the start of the NCAA Tournament? I'll of course be picking my annual List of 8 and picking every game from here on out. Just to get started, let's predict Tuesday's 64/65 game.

Mount St. Mary's vs Coppin State: Not really sure how Mount St. Mary's ended up in this game. They're clearly one of the weaker teams in the tournament. I would have thought Mississippi Valley State would have been here, but I guess the committee is leery of putting two historically black colleges in the play-in, even though both the MEAC and the SWAC are generally the two worst conferences in the country. Oh well. Coppin State certainly went on a run at the end of the season winning 12 of their last 13. Still, Coppin is the first 20 loss team to make the tourney. I doubt they will be the first to win a game especially because I think Mount St. Mary's is significantly better. Expect an easy win for Mount St. Mary's as they advance to be Tar Heel fodder.
Mount St. Mary's 70 Coppin State 58

No comments: