Saturday, February 23, 2008

What a relief

Module 2 (of 3) of my first year in the MBA program has ended. I have heard the third module is easy. Hopefully so. The last one nearly killed me! Haha!

Exciting day in college basketball ahead. Bracket Busters where the mid-majors shine! MEMPHIS-TENNESSEE! And even more importantly, New Jersey Institute of Technology goes for the big goose egg. If they lose to 13-14 Utah Valley State (which is likely) they will finish the season 0-29. Congrats guys!

Speaking of Memphis-Tennessee, I don't think the game will be as close as the pundits are predicting. I say Memphis wins by double digits. Tennessee is deserving of their #2 ranking based on their record, but there a lot of teams who would beat them in a one game scenario. Barring a performance I'm not expecting today, I don't think they'll go far in March. Memphis is much more likely to be a champion although there are a few teams (Kansas and UCLA) I think are better. Memphis's offense is a little weak at times and their free throw shooting is abysmal. Can a team that can't shoot 60% from the stripe be a national champion? I'm concerned.

Appalachian and William & Mary taking part in Bracket Busters today. App will be taking on Niagara and the Tribe host Loyola Chicago. I'm disappointed with W&M as I thought they had a good chance for a top 4 seed in the Colonial which would give them a first round bye. After a three game losing streak to Northeastern, UNC-W, and Towson, and with games remaining against George Mason and VCU, I have a feeeling that chance is over.

No comments: