Sunday, February 3, 2008

The B in MBA probably doesn't stand for Blog

Hey, the program gets pretty busy sometimes. I can't help it.

Went and saw Rambo with Christoph last night. Oscar nominations are guaranteed for next year.

William & Mary is now tied for 2nd in the Colonial after winning 8 of their last 9. And the game I went to see was the loss. Clearly I am bad luck.

Appalachian isn't doing too bad either. They've won 9 of 10 and are tied for first in their division. Davidson is still the class of the SoCon though.

And my new favorite team, New Jersey Institute of Technology, (or as I like to call them, NJIT), has yet to win a game. They're 0-23 with only six games remaining. The smallest margin of defeat they have had is 9 on two different occasions. Their best chance for victory comes tomorrow though! At home vs 5-20 Longwood. GET PUMPED!

And it's time for my Super Bowl prediction I believe. I think I'm 7-3 against the spread so far but I'm too lazy to look. I think the Patriots are going to win. But that's not the question. Will they win by more than the spread which is currently 12 points. I say no. The Giants have been on a roll as of late and I expect the Giants to play hard while the Patriots will be just trying to finish the perfect season after a long struggle. I say no blowout. Giants (+12) over the Patriots.

After a 9.46% gain in two days and a 21.54% gain in ten days, my portfolio is now in positive territory for the year. I have broken my all time record for portfolio performance gain by percentage twice in this span. I still need to gain 41.14% to get back to my all time high, but this is a nice turn of events. I've been trimming some of my homebuilders and other related stocks of late. I took a big loss on Hovnanian but also a nice gain on Comstock Homebuilders. There are probably a few more that I will sell tomorrow as I am less confident than I once was in their prospects.

No comments: