Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Crash and Burn Baby

The market is truly disheartening. I'm already down more than 10% for the year. My annual return is now below the Dow Jones Industrial Average since I started. This after I had a 16.5% annual return back in July. If I had pulled everything out at that point, not counting commissions and taxes I would have had to pay, I would have saved nearly $13,000. I've still made money which a lot of people can't say, but it's not enough to be taking on the risk I have. Unless it turns around soon, I'm going to seriously consider a massive shakeup in my current portfolio. I'll sit tight for now though.

Picks tonight for New Hampshire? It appears the Democratic race is easy to call. Obama should easily win further crippling Hillary's chances as she finishes a distant second followed by Edwards and then Richardson. The Republican race is a little more interesting right now. First looks to be between McCain and Romney. I'll take them in that order. Interesting battle for third as Giuliani, Paul or Huckabee look to get it. It didn't work out last time, but I'll pick Ron Paul to finish 3rd this time with Huckabee finishing a respectable 4th. Giuliani takes the #5 spot and Thompson goes to the back of the line (well except for Duncan Hunter).

No comments: