Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm only bleeding

It's been a shitty week thus far. I thought for a minute that my stocks would be a turnaround, because I was actually up all day while the market was down. Until my India fund fell 12%. So I have now had 4 up days out of 14 this year. And 7 of those days had greater percentage declines than my best percentage day. So all in all, 2008 sucks so far.

And may I say that even though it stemmed the tide of an awful day, that the Fed move smacked of panic and desperation. I'm very disappointed that they are acting this irresponsible. I'm not a proponent of the gold standard, but if this is how our wonderful Fed system performs, perhaps it's not such a bad idea after all.

I did see There Will Be Blood though. And it was incredible. On par with No Country For Old Men. I've now seen 4 of the 5 Best Picture noms, with Atonement and Michael Clayton also being quality. I just need to see Juno sometime.

Heath Ledger died. I used to not like him, but he was great in Brokeback Mountain and by all indications will be spectacular in the new Batman movie. Very sad loss.

No comments: