Thursday, January 17, 2008

I think too much sometimes.

Ok all the time.

I was looking up this weekend's Colonial basketball games. If everything breaks right, ( and I mean everything), William & Mary would be in 1st on tiebreaks. Of course all this has to happen...

William & Mary beats Towson (I'll say probably)
Delaware loses to Northeastern (Also probable. Don't care that Delaware started off strong. They're overrated)
VCU loses to Old Dominion (Close but I like VCU in that one)

Still...not out of the realm of possibility. If I had to guess, I'd say there's a 25-30% chance of this trifecta happening. Stay tuned.

My portfolio is having another negative day. But the rest of the market is down much worse. I suppose that's a bright note.

I'm considering investing in a gold fund. But I might see if gold pulls back a little bit first. Any thoughts?

My brother bought an mp3 player over the break. I'm considering buying one as well. However mine will be bigger and have more memory because I want to put all the albums I have on it. It will also be bigger because I'm trying to compensate for something.

I'm very excited about this year's Grammy Running Diary. Especially since I don't see a Best Album nomination for anybody actually deserving such as LCD Soundsystem, M.I.A, Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, Arcade Fire, etc. I will be very bitter and take it out on everyone. Be warned.

I realized that I forgot to include a movie on my 2007 rankings. It was Alien vs Predator: Requiem. I wouldn't worry too much though. It's not like it was very high on the list. And the fact that I forgot to include it probably doesn't bode well for its quality. In defense it was better than the last AvP movie. Unfortunately, that was a low bar. Kind of like if I jumped over a stick that was two inches in the air and then thought I could be in the NBA. Wait...it's not like that at all.

There are currently four movies I want to see. Juno, Atonement, Sweeney Todd, and There Will Be Blood. I am also interested in Cloverfield...but the fact that it's being released in January which is the traditional dumping ground for awful movies, and the fact that it's by J.J. Abrams who refuses to ever answer any questions on his TV series until turns into a swirling jumbled mess is not a good indicator.

I have a headache so that's all I got for now.

No comments: