Sunday, January 20, 2008

NFL Championship Picks

Before I get to my picks for this week, I see that John McCain won South Carolina. Big win for him and a pretty devastating loss for Huckabee. I thought Huckabee would win, but now it's going to be hard for him to continue to raise money. He's not dead yet, but it's looking bleak. Don't count him out of the picture though. I could definitely see him as a potential VP nominee, especially if McCain wins as they seem to be friendly towards one another. However if Romney wins, then not a chance in hell.

After going 3-1 last week, I'm now 5-3 through the playoffs. FINISH STRONG!

San Diego (+14) over New England: San Diego was going to be a heavy underdog anyway, but being ravaged with injuries, they're in trouble against the Pats. Of course...they still beat the Colts even with losses of Tomlinson, Rivers, and others. New England killed San Diego earlier this year, but this is a much different team. This is the Chargers, the experts have said could challenge for a Super Bowl. And if New England wasn't so damn good, I'd agree. But still, that's an awfully high line. Do I think New England will win? Yes. Do I think they'll win by more than two touchdowns? That's a stretch.

New York Giants (+7.5) over Green Bay: This is tough. It's going to be ridiculously cold in Green Bay tomorrow. I've heard forecasts below zero. But since the G-Men nearly beat the Patriots, they've been on a roll. I think the Giants (yes even with Eli) could give the Packers a very difficult game and with a few breaks pull off the upset. However, if Green Bay wins by 21, I wouldn't be surprised either. I'll take the underdog because picking the Giants has been good for my record thus far.

No comments: