Monday, March 5, 2007

A few more title game predictions

Got a couple of more bids up for grabs so I'll do my best to pick. I'm also working on the odds of the ACC Tournament and I'll post my estimates when I finish. Unless some other site posts them first and I see them. Then I'll just let you know what they say. Haha.

Colonial: VCU-George Mason: George Mason has sort of surprised everyone by getting to the final as a #6 seed. I knew they were a pretty good team, but they won one more game than I said they would. Unfortunately they beat my pick for the championship Old Dominion. I gotta go with the #1 seed here though. George Mason just hasn't had the consistency that VCU has all year so I think VCU will pull it out and spare every bracket pool another year of George Mason wrecking their bracket. VCU 67 George Mason 63

MAAC: Siena-Niagara:
I don't know much about this league honestly. Except it has as a member Iona who went winless longer than anyone this year. The #1 seed Marist got beat by Siena so I'll go with them. Siena 78 Niagara 76

West Coast: Gonzaga-Santa Clara:
Is this the year that Gonzaga's NCAA streak comes to an end? They're definitely not a lock so to assure themselves a bid they must beat Santa Clara tonight. Last time these two played, Santa Clara mopped the floor with the Zags so this is by no means an easy game. I think Mark Few is one of the top coaches in the country though so he'll have the team overcome all the struggles they've had this season to get them to the NCAAs yet again. Gonzaga 71 Santa Clara 67

No comments: