Saturday, March 24, 2007

Update on the CNBC game

If you remember, I'm taking part in CNBC's contest to win a million dollars. Well, my position has slipped some but I'm still in the top 7% overall. My official rank right now is 29,478. I've officially gained 10.80% since the contest started with my stock gains and answering bonus questions correctly. So I'm in ok shape. I just need to have a big run before the finals begin. I still have all of my portfolio in Meritage Homes. Not sure if that's the one to give me the run, but it's currently my favorite stock that's eligible to be traded according to the rules. Still most of my gain is from New Century after that big one day gain. Of course it's not eligible to be traded anymore as it was delisted and is trending towards bankruptcy. But that's how the game is going now.

No comments: