Monday, March 26, 2007

Final Four Odds

Ken Pomeroy updated his site and I got the same numbers as he did. Here are the odds of the Final Four teams winning the national championship.

1. Florida 28.53%
2. Ohio State 24.61%
3. Georgetown 24.42%
4. UCLA 22.43%

So as you can see, it's definitely anybody's game. I mean assuming all teams were equal, they'd all have about a 25% chance of winning it and the highest is Florida at 28.53%. But that's not that much greater than 25% so this is about as closely matched Final Four as you can possibly have. Compare that to last year where you had George Mason who I think only had a 10% chance of winning their final two games. The "weakest" team remaining is arguably UCLA who I thought should have been a #1 seed and might have the best defense in the country. So expect some close games on Saturday and Monday. I'll post game predictions later this week.

Jeb's Tourney Picks: 47-14

No comments: