Monday, March 12, 2007

Play-in game prediction

While I finalize my bracket and List of Eight over the next two days, I thought I'd post my first game prediction of the tournament. I'll be doing round by round game predictions and I'll even track my record so you can see how poorly I'm doing. Enjoy!

Play-In Game: #16 Florida A&M vs #16 Niagara: These are the two teams that are playing for the privilege of losing by 30 to Kansas in the first round. Hooray for the play-in game! I can understand why Florida A&M is here but Niagara? I thought they would be a #15 seed let alone in the play-in game? Why is Jackson State not here? Whatever! Both teams have some pretty good shooters. Florida A&M seems to have the best post player in Sanders. I'm not sure if Niagara can neutralize him, so he'll probably have a good game. It looks like Niagara has more options though as five of their players average in double figures. Since they're of the run and gun style, that helps in case one or two players are cold, maybe the others will be hot. Also with similar records, Niagara played a tougher schedule and the MAAC is significantly better than the MEAC. I'll go with Niagara. Niagara 80 Florida A&M 72

No comments: