Thursday, March 22, 2007

Latest news on the Presidential Race

I was about to go to bed when I saw this interesting article.

Apparently John Edwards is having a special press conference tomorrow to discuss his wife's health. She had a doctor's visit Wednesday. This seems very unusual. If you're not aware, his wife has suffered from cancer since I believe 2004. They had a routine doctor's appointment today. I find it difficult to believe that good news was disclosed since Edwards has canceled one of his campaign stops and has called a mysterious press conference to discuss his wife's health. I don't think he's going to make a proclamation that she's cancer-free. Looking at the futures markets, my beliefs seem to be justified. John Edwards' chances of receiving the nomination have plunged today. What am I getting at? It seems that Mr. Edwards is either putting the campaign on hiatus or withdrawing all together. That would seem the logical guess. I hope I'm wrong. Everyone knows I'm no fan of Edwards. But my theory is predicated on the belief that Elizabeth has had a relapse of her illness and I certainly don't wish that upon anyone. If Edwards does withdraw tomorrow, it would truly be a shame to have to on such a reason as an illness returning to your wife. Of course, it's looking more and more that the Democratic nomination was between Clinton and Obama. I'm just not sure Edwards was going to be a serious contender. If Gore ever decides to jump in, Edwards might have slipped all the way to fourth. If he does withdraw, assuming Gore remains on the sidelines this probably helps Bill Richardson the most as he moves to a clear third in the Democratic pecking order. However, I'll try to avoid any more speculation as I've already went across several limbs before any announcement on Edwards has made. I just would like to say that whatever differences John Edwards and I have, I hope that his wife has a speedy recovery from any illness she may have and I hope everything turns out the best for him and his family.

No comments: