Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Viacom sues YouTube

Viacom sues YouTube

Yeah Viacom! You get 'em! I'd sue them too if they were advertising my properties at no cost to me! Especially when they're advertising old music videos that I never play anymore. Don't you let them do that. They need to sit in the closet and collect dust while we show another rerun of Jackass. Or The Real World marathon.

As I said in a post a little while ago, apparently Viacom doesn't realize how stupid they are. I was watching videos that had their bug in the corner. Now I'm not, it's virtually the same thing. So now they're not "marketing" their image in my brain. Before I could watch a video...see the MTV 2 bug in the corner and think "Oh cool MTV and Viacom brought me this video". Now I watch generaic videos and I don't think so.

I don't know if Viacom is in the actual music industry like EMI and the like. But if not they need to start a label ASAP. Because they've shown that their managers are just as idiotic as the RIAA. I think Viacom's next move is to personally sue everyone who has an account on YouTube similar to The Onion article. Clearly, these people need to be sitting in front of a TV watching Viacom's valuable programming instead of dithering on the internet all the live long day. I'll expect my summons in the mail shortly.

No comments: