Monday, February 5, 2007

Believe it!

Texas A&M won against Texas 100-82. Yes they put up 100 on the Longhorns. That's a bit of a deceiving score though as Texas played them tough the entire game. Durant had a pedestrian game. "Only" got 28 points. What a disappointment! But seriously, I don't see how you couldn't watch that game and be impressed with the Aggies. And there were stretches where Texas really caused them problems! I disagree with Dick Vitale though. They were talking about where Texas A&M ranks with the rest of the year's elite. He said they were dangerous but he'd put them a step below teams like Florida and UCLA. I disagree. I think they're clearly one of the three best teams in the nation at this point in the season. They have the best field goal percentage defense in the country and I think tonight showed they can put points on the board. Also Acie Law is ridiculously clutch for them (see the Kansas game). I'm not telling you that Texas A&M is going to win the national title. I don't know. I'll have to see the bracket. And there are plenty of contenders. Carolina and Duke in the ACC. Ohio State and Wisconsin in the Big 10. UCLA. Florida. And fellow conference member Kansas. But the Aggies are clearly one of the teams in the best position to cut down the nets.

No comments: