Monday, February 26, 2007

Post-Oscar Observations

I was glad to see Pan's Labyrinth win the second most awards. But instead of finishing 2nd to Dreamgirls it was The Departed that beat it. Pan's Labyrinth should have won more though. Especially Best Foreign Language Film. But at least it got some recognition.

No real surprises in the acting categories. Except for a mild upset of Alan Arkin over Eddie Murphy.

Good to see Scorsese finally get his well deserved Oscar. And to see The Departed win best Picture. I only saw two of the other contenders but it was easily #1 of the three. I won't mention Children of Men or Pan's Labyrinth. Oh wait. I just did.

Ok I have to take our diabetic dog to the vet in the morning. So I'm going to bed. Yes...a diabetic dog. You know our country has an obesity problem when your dog is diabetic. Night

No comments: