Wednesday, February 7, 2007

I FEEL LIKE A NUMBER

So in a roundabout way I discovered how NBC Universal has rights to something telecast on CBS. Apparently, Prince has a publishing deal with Universal. So that's where they come into play. I got it. Still, I hate copyright law.

OH MY! THE BIGGEST RIVALRY IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL IS TONIGHT! CAROLINA VS DUKE! AND I AM GOING TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS TO SHOW HOW VASTLY IMPORTANT THIS GAME IS IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS! Ok maybe not. So who do I like? Neither! I'm here all week. But seriously, both are coming off losses and are getting left behind in the conference race by Virginia and Boston College. So the rivalry has added meaning as both teams need a win to get back on track for a high seed come March Madness. Everyone knows this year that Duke is tough on defense. But did you know UNC is almost as good. Well except for the State game. But they play high-paced and have kept opponents from putting up a lot of points. Not as impressive looking as Duke, but keep in mind that UNC plays fast the entire game while Duke is very much a halfcourt team. The problem though is that UNC has a clear advantage on offense. Duke must make sure they can keep the score low, because if this game gets high scoring, it could get ugly. This game is in Cameron and although the homecourt advantage hasn't been as high for Duke as in recent years, it could be a tough atmosphere for the UNC team. Duke is better than most think and even if they weren't, in this rivalry they will keep it close. But I think Carolina is a better team this year. It may come down to the last possession but I'm picking the Tar Heels to give Duke their third straight loss.

No comments: