Friday, February 16, 2007

Idiot Congressman of the Day

The award goes to Todd Akin a Republican from Missouri. Here's what he had to say during the "historic" Iraq debate.

"Could you picture Davy Crockett at the Alamo looking at his Blackberry getting a message from Congress? “Davy Crockett, we support you. The only thing is we are not going to send any troops.” I’m sure that would really be impressive to Davy Crockett."

1. They had the Blackberry back then? I wasn't aware.

2. Was Texas even part of the United States during the Alamo?

3. Wasn't the people defending the Alamo part of an terrorist insurgency and wasn't Mexico the legitimate authority?

4. Wasn't everyone defending the Alamo slaughtered to the man?

And while I'm talking, David Poe a Republican from Texas is bringing up the Alamo again. I'll be honest. I don't know a lot about the Alamo. That's more my brother's territory. But I think this analogy is definitely the most strained so far. As Fox News says, on one side of the debate is Abraham Lincoln, Davy Crockett, and Robert Frost. The other supported by Winston Churchill, Dwight Eisenhower, Martin Luther King Jr.

Just everybody please...remember the Alamo.



2 comments:

mockstar said...

You mean Congressman Ted Poe, right?

David Poe is a musician.

Jeb McRary said...

Well David Poe would make a better Congressman.

But seriously, I think I did mean Ted Poe. I don't even think I know David Poe all that well. No idea why I said David. My mistake