Friday, February 16, 2007

AN HISTORIC DAY IN CONGRESS!

Mark this date boys and girls! You'll be memorizing this date in school until the end of time. Because February 16, 2007 is the day that Congress bravely said NO SIR to the White House....but not too forcefully. Because the resolution is nonbinding. And doesn't even offer an alternative plan of any sort.

For the love of God!

I wasn't supportive of the Iraq war when it started but this is pathetic. I hope that Lindsey Graham is successful in his quest just on general principle. He said...

"I will do everything in my power to ensure the House resolution dies an inglorious death in the Senate"

I mean seriously, what does it matter that this resolution gets passed? I hate to sound like Republican talking points, but it has no teeth and offers no other plan. If you think that a surge is the best strategy (in which camp I reluctantly come down in) than that's fine. If you think we should prepare for an immediate pullout, cut off funding, etc that's fine too. But this resolution tries to straddle that line and is completely and utterly disingenuous. And Congress should be ashamed that they've spent an entire damned week debating something that doesn't even do anything. NAMING A POST OFFICE CARRIES MORE WEIGHT!

Die worthless nonbinding resolution. Die.


No comments: