Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A good year

I'm pretty startled how my stocks have done so far. Consider this...

Dow Jones Industrial +2.21%
S&P 500: +2.77%
NASDAQ Composite: +4.27%
Wilshire 5000: +3.71%

So most stocks have had a good start to the year. But here's my portfolio...

Jeb's Portfolio: +11.27%

So the closest of the major indices to me is the NASDAQ and I'm beating it by 7 percentage points. That's insane. I don't know if I've ever had this great a start before because my record-keeping at first wasn't as good as it is now. It would explain more if my portfolio was incredibly risky, but I don't think it is. Just remarkable luck so far and some good movements.

Only two of my stocks are down for the year. Cogent and JAKKS Pacific. Everything else is up.

Bed Bath and Beyond +11.94%
C&D Technologies +26.58%
Deltathree +38.89%
Global-Tech Appliances +17.09%
JOY Global +11.67%
Kemet 18.58%
and that's just some of the good ones. And remember I said I bought Lenox. I bought it a month and a half ago and it's up 58.08% What can you say? Even Wellman which I just bought a couple of days ago is up 8.05% (although they just released earnings. Disappointing to say the least. I may be in the negatives tomorrow).

I'm on a seven session winning streak. I'm up 5.63% during this timeframe.

I'm really not bragging. I'm just listing this so when the market crashes, everyone can mock me for typing this. But I'm not going to lie. It's been a great start to the year.

No comments: