Saturday, February 10, 2007

The FAFSA is silly

I've been looking over the FAFSA application some and there's something silly that I hope I'm reading correctly. In one section there are several questions. At the end it says if you answered NO to all the questions then you are a dependent and have to share your parents' financial advantage. If you answer YES to any then you are an independent. I answered YES to one because the question is "Will you be entering a graduate or professional school for the 2007-08 school year." Since I'm going for my MBA that's a yes. So technically, that makes me an independent. Even though I live at home. So I hope that is correct because if it is, I don't have to share any of my mother's assets. Only ones that are in my name. That should help quite a bit.

And Talk Talk is great in case you didn't know.



The original version. Not as good as their incredible later works but I think it puts the No Doubt version to shame.

Let's talk about some of the college basketball games that catch my eye today.

Florida at Kentucky: My preseason favorite Florida Gators are on a roll having won 15 straight. But it's a tough game tonight against the underrated Kentucky Wildcats. I hope Ashley Judd is in attendance. She nearly makes me want to pull for Kentucky. Nearly. This is Florida's toughest regular season game remaining, but I think the Gators pull a close one out.

Wake Forest-North Carolina: The only way Wake keeps it close is if UNC suffers a letdown. They won't. Carolina by 30.

Marquette-Georgetown: I'll be honest that I don't know a lot about Marquette this year. But I thought Georgetown was a potential title contender and they're starting to put things together so I like the Hoyas in this game.

UCLA-West Virginia: Some are picking this as a trendy upset because UCLA doesn't have much left to prove. On the contrary. This could be a big nonconference win that cements them as a #1 seed. It's always tricky to solve West Virginia but the Bruins should pull it out.

Boston College-Florida State: I've been wrong so far about BC collapsing in the ACC. But the meat of the schedule starts here with a tough road game against an FSU team that needs a key conference win. I think the Seminoles pull off the upset(?)

Virginia-Virginia Tech: Perhaps Virginia's toughest game remaining until the ACC tournament. I think the Hokies beat them. But if the Cavaliers pull off yet another win, I'll seriously start thinking they can win the ACC.

Connecticut-Georgia Tech: Could be an elimination game for the tournament. I like the Yellow Jackets.

Wofford-Appalachian State: Ok App. No more losses the rest of the way if you really want to help yor at-large chances. Not even to Wichita State. They should sweep through the rest of Southern conference play but they have dropped some questionable decisions as of late.

William & Mary-UNC Wilmington: Only including it because I'll beat W&M in the fall. Neither will make the tournament. UNC Wilmington beat them in Williamsburg so I figure they can beat William & Mary again.

Texas A&M-Nebraska: What do you think? You know I love the Aggies. And they should beat Nebraska pretty easily.

Creighton-Southern Illinois: The mid-major game of the week. Both teams have been on a tear of late and this game could decide the Missouri Valley regular season. I still like Missouri State better then either one though. But for this game, I'm going with the Salukis of Southern Illinois.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes. Its true. From the way it was explained to us at UT, anyone in grad/professional school is considered independent. I think she said they had it this way to allow students to take out more federal loans? So yeah...