Thursday, February 15, 2007

What up!

A few things to talk about

Chris Cornell has quit Audioslave. Not a shock since Rage Against the Machine is playing at Coachella. In fact when I saw Rage was playing, I wondered if Audioslave was breaking up.

People keep handing Tim Hardaway and he keeps digging. Tim Hardaway later said he would not talk to gay people. When asked if he learned a family member was gay, Hardaway had the same response. In defense, he did issue an apology that had some odd correlation about his words getting too much play in this time of soldiers overseas. What?

Who's pumped for the album release party of Union County? I KNOW I AM!
Translation: I have nothing to do and will probably drive up to Boone to eat at Flipside

Gasp! Are things actually starting to go....slightly better in Iraq? Sadr might be gone. The leader of al-Qaeda has been hurt in Iraq. Troops are moving into Sunni strongholds. It might be another overplayed show of force that just scatters the problem where it reinserts itself once troops leave. But it is nice to see patches of things not going totally to hell.

Finished my FAFSA today. My expected family contribution is a little less than $10,000. Darn it. I was hoping to hit zero on the nose.

The American car companies continue to do well, as DaimlerChrysler is now not saying no to speculation they might divest themselves of Chrysler. Well DaimlerChrysler is German but Chrysler is American so there. Seriously though. That may have been the worst merger ever not involving AOL or Time Warner.

Kind of a blah day for my stocks. Perhaps I should have divested some of my shares of Lenox like I talked about because it was down more than 4% today. Still I was up overall mainly due to the continued rise in C&D Technologies. And I'm buying a new stock tomorrow. I'll let you know. And yes I know it's ridiculous to not mention this on my profile. It's not like Wall Street managers are checking my blog out for stock tips. I don't think...

I want to see Letters from Iwo Jima. But I don't think it's in any theatres around here. That's a shame. I might go see The Queen in Hickory this weekend if it's still playing. But I know damn well I'll have to by myself. No chance the brother will be attending that one.

No comments: