Monday, February 26, 2007

It ain't me babe

My brother and I finally got around to watching Grave of the Fireflies. What an incredibly sad movie. But it's quite good. Roger Ebert was right to call it one of the finest war films of all time.

I've been listening to Spirit of Eden a lot the past few days. It's one of the albums that supposedly jump started the post/rock genre...whatever that means. Post/Rock is sort of the modern "alternative"...meaning whatever we can't categorize. Laughing Stock is a great album as well and a companion piece to Spirit of Eden but it's harder to get into than Spirit of Eden. And a few more reasons why Radiohead's Kid A work is a tad overrated. Motion Picture Soundtrack has to be cribbed at least partially from the track Wealth. And Wealth blows it out of the water.

I hit my 1,000th page view the today. WHAT A MILESTONE! Of course a couple of those are mine when I was looking on my blog for something. Haha. But whatever. And I think 4 ou of the last 7 visits were from the same person. For the love of God, Ashley, get a hobby!

Georgetown's 11 game win streak came to an end against Syracuse. Bad news for any potential bubble team (including App) as that may solidify 'Cuse in the Dance.

Good news from William & Mary today. I have been awarded a $5,000 scholarship for my first year in the MBA program. That should help some. And even better potentially, is that I won a graduate assistantship for my second year. This is helpful because it would effectively cut my tuition rate in half for that year (as I can claim Virginia residency at that point) plus I will get paid an addition $4,000. So that one could save me around $17-$18 thousand for my second year. Of course all this is contingent on me keeping my GPA above 3.0. It'll be a lot of work but I think I should be capable of that.

Another record leveraged buy-out (LBO). TXU is getting bought out for about $45 billion. I wonder how much longer this private-equity spree can last. It seems everything is a rumor to be bought out. I've heard Anheuser-Busch, Dow Chemical, Chrysler and my own Bed Bath & beyond among many others.

This is inspired by the Best Actor winner last night....Sean Penn, Forest Whitaker, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Nicolas Cage, Phobe Cates, (Well excuse me) Judge Reinhold, Eric Stoltz, Anthony Edwards. Why am I just rattling off actors and actresses. That's some of the cast of Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Amazing that many later to be well-knowns were in this movie huh. In fact with last night's win, three have won Oscars (Penn, Cage, Whitaker). That's just crazy.

No comments: