Monday, January 15, 2007

Activist Shareholders Unite

Here's a great link I found recently.

Activist Shareholders Take On Yahoo

Basically, someone has started a blog and wiki with proposals that Yahoo should undertake to help the company and increase the share price. His opinion is that Yahoo is drifting and needs some radical changes. I agree. I have pledged my stake in Yahoo to the cause. I believe that he wants to put together a 10% stake in Yahoo!. This would require 136 million shares. So far the collective is up to 70,000 shares. That doesn't sound like a lot, but if enough people keep joining, then maybe we can convince some of the big investors (Vanguard for example) in joining the cause. This could make a huge difference. So if anybody reading this blog happens to be a Yahoo shareholder, please click on the link and join the cause.

No comments: