Monday, January 22, 2007

Jack Bauer going for the record

I hadn't watched 24 in awhile. Tonight was the first time in several years. After the episode (exciting as always) I checked the Bauer Kill Count. This is a site that tracks how many people Jack Bauer has killed in every season. I counted 138. That is classic.

Gap fired their CEO today. You know you've not been doing to well when after your departure is announced, the stock goes up 2.5% Similar thing happened with Pacific Sunwear (which I own) in October. Their CEO left and the stock rose more than 7%. Don't let the door hit you on the way out! But it's nice to see that American Eagle (which I also own) has eaten Gap for lunch the past couple of years. Pacific Sunwear is up too but I think mainly because it has gotten so bad by the time that I bought my shares that everyone feels a turnaround is imminent.

I have my first mandolin lesson tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

The Super Bowl will decide if I finish over .500 against the spread. Wish me luck.

As I said, I plan to do Running Diaries for the Super Bowl and the Grammys. I'm looking forward to it. But just to prep up, I'm going to do the Running Diary of the Star Wars Holiday Special sometime this week. Hopefully by Monday. And if you've never seen it, please pick it up cheaply on eBay sometime. It's so dreadful it's worth it.

I'm thinking of buying another mutual fund. I have one that invests in bonds but I'm probably going to get one that invests in international stocks because I don't really have much exposure there currently.

No comments: