Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Well I'll be

I should take this time to note that I'm not responsible for any gambling losses.

I certainly didn't think Florida was incapable of beating Ohio State. But to beat them like they did? That was unexpected. I was pleased though. But now that Florida is the virtually undisputed champion here's why it's stupid there's no playoff.

1. Florida only got in because voters didn't want to see the rematch between Michigan-Ohio State. What if a few voters hadn't changed their mind?
2. What if USC had beaten UCLA? Then it would have been USC-Ohio State.
3. Boise State. We'll never know how they would have done. Perhaps they would have won a game or two. But all the fireworks they showed against Oklahoma will make me pine for a playoff for this year.

I've got five graduate school essays to write. I decided to do them one a day. That way my brain doesn't explode and I stop procrastinating. I'll finish my second Wake Forest essay today and then on Wednesday start my first of three William and Mary essays. What fun!

Lenox is down another 6.5% today. Feel free to start mocking me anytime.

No comments: