Friday, January 5, 2007

Stupid PortalPlayer

Well, my side lost the fight. The shareholders of PortalPlayer officially approved the deal to sell their shares for $13.50 each to Nvidia. I'm still annoyed. Granted, I'm going to come up with more than a 15% gain in a couple of months. But I think that if PortalPlayer hadn't sold out, I could have doubled my money. But alas! I shall never know. So I'll have to find something else to put my money in when the deal officially closes.

I've been doing pretty well as of late. I currently am investing in 15 different stocks or funds and only one of them is down. Cogent which does biometric security is down more than 21% since I bought it. Bad Cogent! No treat!

Supposedly, I have an interview opportunity. My granfather knew somebody who knew somebody else (the human chain) who works at People's Bank which is headquarted in Newton, NC. I called twice today trying to reach him but to no avail. Maybe next week...

No comments: