Tuesday, January 2, 2007

You can call us Aaron Burr from the way we're dropping Hamiltons!

Yeah I know. It's an old joke. Still makes me laugh.

The day is upon us. The conclusion to the greatest season in Wake Forest football history. Good thing, because the basketball team won't be very good this year. Now I'm not picking the Deacs against Louisville in tonight's Orange Bowl. If Louisville hadn't allowed that stunning comeback from Rutgers, they'd be playing Ohio State for the national title. So they're pretty good. The line is Louisville by 10. And that sounds about right. I definitely wouldn't bet on this game with that line. I could see Louisville running away with it if Wake comes in flat. But I could also see Wake make it a tough game like they have every team this year (except Virginia Tech). It's even possiblt for Wake to pull the upset. However, as a lifelong Wake fan, it's all gravy from here. If Wake loses by 67 I won't care. Because they won the ACC Title and had a wonderful season.

Now for all that wonderful praise, they better accept me for business school or I'll be displeased.

I couldn't find a gift at the Wal-Mart (aka Hell) for my mother. I guess I'll have to make a trip to Hickory tomorrow. Perhaps I'll go to Bed Bath and Beyond. That way if I have to spend a lot, I won't feel bad because I own stock. Although for some reason I didn't get hired for a part time job earlier this year. Am I not qualified to stock a shelf?

I've decided to start a Presidential Death Pool. I'll call it "Dead Presidents". See it's predicting which former President will die next...and the winner gets cash aka Dead Presidents! And....anyway. I'll pick which former President dies next an I'll put a dollar in the pot. Everyone else who predicts does the same (and we're on the honor system here). Tiebreaker is who had the best reasoning for the death as voted by everyone in the pool. Here goes.

Next President to die: Jimmy Carter
Reason: Killed by bitter swamp rabbit carrying a decades long grudge

See? Isn't that easy?

And this entry has taken 30 minutes to do because I've gotten four phone calls since I've started. I wish Alexander Graham Bell had never been born.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm betting George H.W. Bush from being beaten to death by the Japanese Ambassador using nothing but brocolli spears.