Sunday, January 14, 2007

Postgame Analysis: Seattle-Chicago

The Bears survived a dogfight with the Seahawks to advance to the NFC Title Game. The Seahawks forced them to go to overtime and started out with the ball. When it counted, the Chicago defense held strong and Rex Grossman led the team into FG range where they won the game. Grossman had a good game. Very few mistakes. He fumbled once and threw an INT but that was more Muhammad's fault for not catching it than it being a bad throw. The question is can Rex play that way next week against New Orleans. If he can, Chicago will win. If he doesn't than the Saints will have a chance.

Although the Bears won, since I picked them to beat the spread, I automatically lost once it reached overtime. Because it's impossible to score more than 6 points in overtime. Whoops. So now I drop to 3-4. I think I went 7-4 last year if I remember correctly. So hopefully I'll finish strong. But I'm showing that if you consistently play against these spreads, you might as well pick a coin flip.

Jeb's Playoff Picks Against the Spread: 3-4

No comments: