Thursday, January 25, 2007

Goddamn do I hate Duke!

I was going to save my 100th post for my Star Wars Holiday Special Running Diary (coming soon I promise). But I fucking hate how Duke steals wins every goddamn time. Clemson tied it up with about 2-3 seconds left but there were some clock mistakes. And they gave Duke 4.4 seconds. Which if you watch the replays is absolutely ridiculous. The clock was at 5 seconds. Josh McRoberts throws it right to a Clemson player who drains a three pointer to tie it. There were two problems.

1. The clock didn't start for at least 1-2 seconds when Clemson got the ball.
2. After the shot went in, the clock ran for at least 2-3 seconds.

By this logic the refs gave Duke 4.4 seconds. So they said the play took 0.6 seconds. Bullshit. I knew what was going to happen. I've seen it too often. When Duke threw ridiculous passes all the way downcourt for a layup in transition at the buzzer, I didn't even blink. What a surprise that the clock messed up like that at Cameron. Shit like that happens all the time. A similar thing happened at the last Virginia Tech game that nearly cost them in Cameron. It happened last year when they had "trouble" with the clock against Virginia Tech that basically gave Duke 10 fucking minutes to plan what to do to try to win which they did with Dockery's ridiculous halfcourt shot. That crap happens all the time in Cameron. And the ACC should be fucking ashamed that that they don't investigate this. Because they try to steal every game and many times they succeed.

No comments: