Tuesday, January 9, 2007

I love rollercoasters

I can tell Lenox is going to be a volatile stock. It opened up nearly 9% today. At one point it was down more than 6% today. It finally closed up 2.52%. WHEEE!

Interesting mail today. I got something for a class action lawsuit against Krispy Kreme. I've gotten these things in the past before but most of the time I had either made money and didn't have the conscience to fill out to gain damages, or I didn't have enough information, or I didn't feel like filling the forms out for an insubstantial amount of money. None of those three apply with Krispy Kreme.

1. Fortunately I still have some information that I need (hopefully all of it)
2. I lost $852.43 due to my ill-fated Krispy Kreme investment.
3. If I'm reading the form correctly, I may be entitled to $466.50 in damages. I think that's worth filling out.

Now that the season in college football is over, I thought I'd look at that postseason bracket I did and see if I'd make any changes to the outcome. Remember I had Ohio State over Louisville for the title. I'm keeping the seeds and teams the same but after the bowls have I changed my mind on outcomes?

First Round:

#16 Troy at #1 Ohio State: Ohio State lost some luster but they'd still kill Troy. Ohio State by 31.

#9 Auburn at #8 Boise State: After Boise's heroics I like them even more. Boise State by 4

#12 Wake Forest at #5 USC: Not really any change. USC showed how good they were against Michigan and Wake was ultimately overmatched by Louisville. USC by 18

#13 BYU at #4 LSU: BYU is still damn good but this is a tough matchup. LSU by 4.

#14 Houston at #3 Michigan: No change. Michigan by 17.

#11 Notre Dame at #6 Louisville: I think my point was proven about Notre Dame against LSU. Louisville by 15.

#10 Oklahoma at #7 Wisconsin: My first change. I had Oklahoma originally but Wisconsin finished the season with one loss. And Bob Stoops was outcoached by Boise State. I'll take the Badgers. Wisconsin by 1.

#15 Central Michigan at #2 Florida: Yeah like Florida would lose this game. Florida by 22.

Second Round:

#8 Boise State at #1 Ohio State: Much closer now than I thought before the bowls. I still like the Buckeyes but Boise would show them every trick in the book. Ohio State by 8.

#5 USC at #4 LSU: Tough to pick. Both dominated their bowls against Michigan and Notre Dame respectively. Michigan dominated Notre Dame so I'll say USC's win was better. USC by 2.

#6 Louisville at #3 Michigan: Big 10 was probbly overrated this year. And Louisville was this close to playing in Florida's place. Going with the Cardinals. Louisville by 2.

#7 Wisconsin at #2 Florida: Florida dominated Ohio State. Who beat Michigan. Who beat Wisconsin. I guess that'll work. Florida by 10.

Final Four:

#5 USC vs #1 Ohio State: I think it's clear Ohio State was overrated this year. USC beat up on Michigan and I feel they could pull off the win against the higher seeded Buckeyes. USC by 3.

#6 Louisville vs #2 Florida: I had Louisville winning this game by 7 last time. It's a harder pick now that Florida won the national championship. But I really liked Louisville this year. So I'm picking them to the title game. Louisville by 1.

Final:

#5 USC vs #6 Louisville: Two teams who think what might have been. Had Louisville beaten Rutgers, they would have played Ohio State for the title. Had USC beaten their rival UCLA the same. But they'll have to be satisfied with playing for Jeb's Playoff National Championship. My preseason #1 was USC. I felt they had the most talent. And I think they showed that against Michigan. I pick the Trojans. USC by 3.






No comments: