Thursday, January 4, 2007

My Congressman has a lot of nerve

House Republicans Issue Call to Speaker Pelosi: “Lead with Integrity, Support Your Own Minority Bill of Rights”

After the last six years where Republicans wouldn't even tell their own Democratic colleagues where committee meetings were being held? After six years of refusing to allow any oversight whatsoever because the Republicans only wanted to continually win elections? After six years of being treated as a second-class citizen if you didn't have a R beside your name?

I hope Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats don't treat the Republicans as they were treated since George W. Bush was elected. We need to move on and try to solve important issues in a bipartisan manner. But, I don't want to hear a damn word out of any Republican's mouth about being treated unfairly because they're in the minority. They ran roughshod over everyone in the last few years and now the chickens have come home to roost.

And I hope this will be my Congressman Patrick McHenry's last term. I wonder if he regrets hitching his star to Tom DeLay now? Sadly I don't think he does.

It is cute that after acting their was no minority in the last few years, that now Republicans are crying "MINORITY BILL OF RIGHTS!"

I certainly am glad I switched.

No comments: