Sunday, January 14, 2007

NFL FInal Four

Now that we're down to the conference title games, I decided to re-evaluate the remaining teams on their Super Bowl potential. From least likely to most likely of winning it all.

4. New Orleans: I love the Saints. But they have to go to Chicago and beat the Bears to get to the Super Bowl. It'll be hard to stop Drew Brees, Colston, Bush and McAllister. But if anyone can do it, it's the Bears' defense.

3. Chicago: At this moment I think Chicago will make the Super Bowl. But that depends on Rex Grossman. If Grossman plays as well as he did today, then they'll probably beat the Saints. I have them ranked 3rd, because whoever wins the AFC will be favored against either NFC team.

2. New England: New England took a gut check against San Diego and pulled off the upset. Will last year prove to be a minor bump in the road for the dynasty? I'd love to put them as the favorite. But they're going to have to win in Indy and that may be a difficult proposition.

1. Indianapolis: Peyton can't win the big one. Or can he? Suddenly Indy is the highest remaining seed left in the AFC after they knocked off Baltimore and the Patriots followed suit against the Chargers. I said this was the worst Colts team in years but I may have been wrong. While Manning has been unspectacular, the defense has a renewed toughness. I think they've allowed two touchdowns in the last three games. With a home game to play New England, they have to be the favorite to win the AFC.

No comments: