Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Not like I'm surprised

As I said, Louisville was a top-caliber team. The only thing that I really didn't expect was that Louisville would score so few points. I thought Louisville would make this a track meet. Credit Wake Forest's defense for keeping it so low scoring. Louisville's defense finally showed up too. Wake never really did have much success with their typical misdirection. But this was still Wake Forest's best football season ever. And I can't be too disappointed since I was just hoping they could just make it to a bowl. And sure they won the ACC in a year when the conference pretty much sucked. But that won't be remembered several years from now.

I'm considering buying a concert ticket on eBay. The Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'm more interested in the opening act though. Gnarls Barkley. Not sure if I'm willing to spend $100+ though for an act that might not be an hour. I asked Will if he'd be interested in going. Here's how that conversation went.

Jeb: Hey Will, would you be interested in going to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert with Gnarls Barkley opening?
Will: That'd be a hell no!

One thing you can't say about Will. That he's indecisive. Actually you can say that about him. He normally is. We just differ in musical tastes a lot. I mean he actually liked Mariah Carey's album from last year. And he likes The Killers. I'm so disappointed. I thought I taught him better.

Speaking of Gnarls Barkley and Red Hot Chili Peppers, they're both nominated for Album of the year this year at the Grammys. I think that's in early February. And like last year, I plan to do another Running Diary (please don't sue me Bill Simmons) in honor. I thought last year's went pretty well and was one of my better entries. The last running diary I did was for the Division I-AA National Championship, but I didn't think it went so well. In fact, I think it'd be fair to classify it as a dud. I don't know if I was just having an off night, or if it just didn't have the gravitas that the Grammys has. Perhaps, I'm just not as well-versed in Division I-AA football as I am in say...pop music. For example, I know a good deal about pro football, and the Super Bowl has a lot of entertainment value (intentional and unintentional) so that would probably make for a good Running Diary to do. And yes, that is a warning to be prepared for one.

Well, I need to get up and help my brother register for classes at the community college (SECOND TIME IS THE CHARM...I hope). So I'm going to bed. And by "going to bed", I mean "playing Resident Evil 4 for 2 hours in Mercenary mode and cursing because I keep having my head cut off by crazy ladies wielding chainsaws". Bye!

No comments: