Saturday, January 6, 2007

Postgame Analysis: Dallas-Seattle

Apparently the teams heard me at halftime. Because the first half sucked. But the second was pretty exciting. Both offensees finally started clicking. Seattle drove and took the lead with a touchdown. But Dallas responded immediately with a kickoff return for a TD. Dallas extended their lead to seven with a field goal An then it got weird. An unusual fumble nearly resulted in a Seattle touchdown, but in all the commotion, the officials ruled that a Seattle player grabbed the ball while he was out of bounds resulting in a safety. Although Dallas probably wished it had been a touchdown because Seattle got the touchdown anyway two minutes later. They failed to convert so Seattle's lead remained at one. It appeared that Tony Romo would be the hero when he drove all the way to the two yard line. They were stopped before they could get the key touchdown so it looked as if after the gimme field goal, Seattle would have about a minute left to respond. BUT ALAS! Tony Romo botches the hold and scrambles towards the endzone but is caught before the first down is reached by Seattle. Seattle is able to waste enough time that Dallas only has one last gasp play from midfield that ends in an incompletion. As I predicted, it was very late before this game was decided, as in the last play. And Terrell Owens (aka The Most Overrated Player in the NFL) only had two catches for 26 yards. So my preseason Super Bowl champ stays alive to play either the Bears or the Saints depending on the Eagles-Giants game tomorrow. If I were the Seahawks, I'd be a Philly fan, because I'd rather play the Bears and hope Rex Grossman screws up then have to go to New Orleans. In good news, although Dallas lost by 1, I think the final spread before the game was Seattle by 1.5. Which means I got my first game correct evening up my score. Check in tomorrow when I talk about the next two NFL games. And in honor of Clemson being the last unbeaten team, I'll also try to post on some of this year's Contenders and Pretenders in college basketball.

Jeb's Playoff Record Against the Spread: 1-1

No comments: