Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Return of K-Fed

Federline Signed For Super Bowl Ad

Apparently, Mr. Federline has been signed to do a spot for Nationwide. It will be similar to the MC Hammer spot they did. According to the article...

"In the new commercial, Federline, 28, goes from starring in a rap video surrounded by beauties and bling to working at a fast-food joint."

The article goes on to have an exec from Nationwide saying that the spot shows the world that Federline has a great sense of humor. I think it's more Federline showing the world that he's desperate for some money.

I hadn't seen this statistic before. Apparently his debut album "Playing With Fire" sold 6,500 copies in its first week. That's pretty bad. Especially the way they pumped it. I actually thought about buying it. It earned the coveted ONE STAR from All Music Guide. It's just as hard to earn the one star for awfulness as it is the five stars for excellence on those sites. The only other albums off the top of my head that got one star was William Hung. I think Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music" did as well but I think he did that intentionally. And maybe some of those John Lennon/Yoko Ono collaborations. The ones where an entire side was Yoko screaming. *Shudder

Interesting matchup tonight in basketball. North Carolina-Clemson. I'll pick UNC to win but GO TIGERS!

I was checking some of the lines for college basketball teams to win it all. Here are a few I noticed.

Florida: 5-1 (Makes sense. Defending champs. One of the best teams in the country.)
North Carolina: 5.5-1. (At this moment, they're the only team I'd put above Florida)
UCLA: 6-1 (No argument)
Ohio State 4.5-1 (A little dicey pick. I'm not as bullish on Ohio State as I have been. They're good but to have them as the current "favorite" screams DON'T BUY)
Kansas 8-1 (Reasonable. But if they have a third straight first round loss, there will be some sadness in Vegas.)
Wisconsin 10-1 (They're better than Ohio State. I'd consider picking that bet up.
Texas A&M 18-1 (I'd definitely consider that one. Pretty low for how good they are.)
Indiana 45-1 (My current dark horse pick. If the season ended today they wouldn't be in my top 8. But as well as they're playing 45-1 odds seems to be a steal.)

Of course I'm 4-4 against the spread in the NFL Playoffs. So what the hell do I know?

No comments: